***Member Security Alert: 11.30.18***
Marriott International announced a data breach, the morning of 11.30.18, involving guests of their Starwood hotels. The press release stated they "believe it contains information on up to approximately 500 million guests who made a reservation at a Starwood property." Both personal identification, and payment card information were included in the data theft.
Marriott has taken action to stop further data theft within their system, and has provided guest support in the form of a dedicated website, call center, email notifications, and identity watch services, following this incident.
To learn more about the incident, or to get help as a Starwood guest, read the full (Opens in a new Window)press release (Opens in a new Window)and visit the dedicated Marriott website at info.starwoodhotels.com, to find Frequently Asked Questions and Contact Information.
Protect Your Information
Monitor your information with ease.
Develop secure habits.
- Update passwords every 90 days
- Use multi-factor authentication
- Never share login credentials
- Set account alerts based on your spending habits
- Check your account frequently to verify the activity is accurate
- Avoid unusual looking ATM’s and points of sale
- Set up travel notifications before trips
Credit Union West
On a scale from 0-11, how likely are you to recommend Credit Union West to a friend or colleague?