It’s fun, it’s just for kids and it’s only at Credit Union West!
Help your kids get started on a lifetime of super saving and money management. Even though children don’t always know where money comes from, they realize at a young age that they can use it to buy things they want. A youth savings account is a perfect way to get kids to save early and regularly. Once their Rico the Roadrunner Super Savings Club account is opened, your child can participate in the many programs we offer to enhance learning and saving.
Rico will teach your kids to save and spend smart. They’ll learn the value of money and the magic of earning dividends. Rico will show them how easy it is to develop consistent savings habits that will serve them throughout their lives.
Here’s what they will receive when joining Rico the Roadrunner’s Super Savings Club:
• A savings account for kids up to age 11
• A low $5 minimum balance required
• No monthly fees
• Dividends earned daily and paid quarterly
• A handy register to track all their transactions
• Quarterly Rico's Round-Up Newsletter
• MoneyIslandTM an entertaining online game just for kids
Get ready for a journey to the exciting MoneyIsland and set out on a mission to save Stone Broke and earn rewards! It's FREE for Rico Super Savings Club members!
Go on an adventurous quest to exotic destinations like the Eiffel Tower and Atlantis and learn how to manage money and the difference between needs vs. wants. Invite your parents along to track your progress and join in fun the learning experience. Plus, receive your own official Certificate of Guru Status when you complete the quest!
The journey doesn't end when you complete MoneyIsland and earn the real-life rewards. You’ll find additional games, videos, contests, and more! After all, a true guru's education is never complete.
Educating our Youth
Educating our youth about money is critical! The following links are available to help start your children on the path to a great financial future.
- Thrive by Five - Find free tips and fun activities (in English and Spanish) to teach your kids about money. Appropriate for kids from preschool to 5 years old (site provided by CUNA)
- H.I.P. Pocket - This site provides a wide variety of fun games, activities and financial facts (site provided by U.S. Mint)
- Kids.gov - The official kids' portal for the U.S. Government. Find activities for kids from kindergarten to 8th grade. The perfect place for kids to create, share and learn (site provided by the U.S. Government)
Open an account for your child today by stopping by one of our branches or call 602.631.3200, 928.778.7156 or 800.621.0287. The simple lessons you teach today will give your child a solid foundation for making a lifetime of wise financial decisions.
To open a Credit Union West minor account the joint account holder must be at least 18 years old and provide documentation of the child's social security number. New accounts opened subject to normal approval process. Programs subject to change.